Location, Location, Location
Kenlake Marina is located on one of the most beautiful cruising, boating, and fishing waters in the Southeast United States. Established as a part of Kenlake State Park in 1952, the marina is privately owned and operated. For anyone that has a boat or is thinking about buying a cruising style boat and wants a covered or uncovered marina slip, we suggest you narrow your choice to Kentucky or Barkley Lakes. These lakes have relatively deep fresh water that is perfect for fishing, swimming and water sports in summer. There is a long 8 months season from mid-March to mid-November to relax and enjoy being on the water. Compare this to the North Channel of Lake Huron with its 8 week season. Generations of families come to these lakes each year to relax and enjoy friends and family. Click on any photo to enlarge it.
Why Boaters Choose Kenlake Marina
There are lots of good marinas on both lakes but many boaters choose Kenlake Marina for the following characteristics:
- Covered slips with 30 & 50 amp power, water, cable TV, and WiFi
- Open all year
- Marina restaurant, Cindy's on the Barge serving breakfast and lunch
- Self serve dump station
- Coin laundry in nearby Aurora
- Close to many quiet coves surrounded by nature with uninhabited protected anchorages in Land Between the Lakes (photo shows Rhodes Bay)
- Less than 215 driving miles from Nashville, Jackson, Evansville, Memphis, St. Louis, and Cape Girardeau
- Hotel with cabins that can be rented for visitors or used in the winter. There is also a good restaurant at the hotel, swimming pool, and tennis courts for use by marina slip renters
- Hiking trails and archery range with 3D targets
- Three lane wide boat launch ramp and both local and national fishing tournaments
- Fish cleaning shelter
- Close to the college town of Murray, KY with movie theater, good shopping, and restaurants
- Waterway access to the Gulf of Mexico, Great Lakes, and the Atlantic Ocean
- No hazardous underwater stumps compared to other lakes
- Little trash during high water compared to other rivers
- Uncrowded waters compared to the north end of Kentucky Lake
- Good sailing winds in the spring and fall
- Well protected harbor from winds and waves by long rock breakwater
- Clean harbor water fed by a natural stream
- Clean air with no dusty open quarries or coal transfer stations
It's A Spring, Summer, and Fall Place for Familes and Friends
The marina is a friendly place. Most of the slip holders live in larger cities and come from relatively long distances away, (even Chicago), and stay the whole weekend living on their boats. In locations such as Old Hickory Lake in Nashville people come to their boats for an hour or two, take a short cruise, and then go home. There is little or no social life on docks in such locations.
At Kenlake Marina boaters get together for social hours, pot luck dinners, and overnight anchorages with several boats rafted together. In the summer, you can stay in the water for hours, share stories, and learn all about the latest happenings at the marina. Sunday afternoon if the weather is not perfect you can go to the movies a short 15 miles away by a four lane road, to Murray Ky. The Cheri Theater is one of the finest in the country. It has 6 screens, digital projectors, stadium seating in 4 of the 6 theaters, and the best popcorn you can get in any theater served by friendly Murray State college students. Best of all $20 can get seniors two seats, a small popcorn, small drink, and change left over. After the movie eat out at Jasmine, Captain D’s, or Culvers. Before the movie you can shop at Lowes, Big Lots, Tractor Supply, Krogers, and Walmart Superstore.
Central Location to Reach Attractions on the Lakes
There are lots of places with docking to visit by boat easily within a day or weekend on Kentucky Lake and Barkley Lake including:
- Green Turtle Bay marina with its Commonwealth Yacht Club (transient slip renters get free temporary memberships), swimming pool, Jade & Earth Spa, Ships Chandlery, and Patti's Settlement in Grand Rivers.
- Kentucky Dam Marina with marina store, 58 ft and 80 ft houseboat rentals, and nearby Kentucky Dam State Park
- Eddy Creek Marina & Resort with its Echo Charlie's Bayside Restaurant, bar, great Barkley Burgers, and new party barge with food, bar, and entertainment
- Bee Springs Lodge - breakfast in an original 1950's restaurant
- Kuttawa Harbor Marina with bar, food, and entertainment
- Buzzard Rock Marina & Resort with its cafe, bar, and entertainment on weekends.
- Prizer Point Marina & Resort with shop, restaurant and kids' playground and inwater iceberg
- Moors Marina with ships store and restaurant
- Breakers at Swan Bay - bar, food, entertainment
- Paris Landing State Park & Marina
- Fat Daddy's bar, food,and entertainment
- Leatherwood Marina, bar, food, and entertainment
Regular Events on the Lakes
- July 4th fireworks at Kentucky Dam, and Eddy Creek Marina. Plus numerous private fireworks displays that line the west side of Kentucky Lake.
- Hot August Blues Festival at Kenlake State Park
- Kentucky Drag Boat Racing at Pisgah Bay
- Grand Lakes Yacht Club Supper Club Afloat parties
- Commodore Yacht Club events
- Aurora Fall Festival
- Trigg County Country Ham Festival in Cadiz
- Hunters Moon Festival in Grand Rivers
- Elk and Bison Praire at Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area (LBL)
- Dine with the Humingbirds at LBL Nature Center
- Fishing Tournaments including FLW, Stren,Wal-Mart Bass Fishing League. Bassmaster Elite. Crappie USA and Crappie Masters
Transient Boaters Are Welcomed
Boaters from the Great Lakes heading to Florida for the winter or north for the summer and needing a break from their long cruise often stay at Kenlake Marina. Other boaters from Florida and the Gulf Coast needing to escape the high hurricane insurance rates and the summer heat head north and spend the summer on the Tennessee River. They choose Kenlake Marina for the reasons above and in addition:
- Over 1,000 feet of transient open docks, optional covered slips when available
- Loaner vehicle available
- Coin laundries in Aurora and Murray
- Enterprise Car Rental in Murray serves Kenlake Marina
- Close (15 miles) to Murray KY with Walmart Superstore, Krogers, Lowes, Big Lots, and Ace Hardware
June 13, Great food, and great music at Kenlake Party!!! Video here.
Cindy's on the Barge Restaurant is open. As Always Thank you!!, for Patronizing our Restaurant. "The Family Friendly Establishment offering a Great Breakfast & Lunch."
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK 7:00am till 2:00pm
Saturday's open till 4:00pm
OPEN 7 DAYS A WEEK ,7:00am till 5:00pm